Friday, February 26, 2010

Who Is this girl I see?

I could never accurately capture who I am - and the way I look. My ultimate weakness? Self portraits.

If I was a super hero- all you would have to do is shove a pencil and a drawing pad my way and challenge me to a self portrait contest and I'll be done. (Yes, I will collapse and reach for the skies as I slowly drift into a dark abyss. Ha!)

I'm terrible with self portraits and having to do a sketch for a lithograph was a challenge. I'd like to think I've improved with such an endeavor, however.

The project was to etch your self portrait in stone- print and then make an edit. Well. Mine was about my hair since I had hair that was almost at my butt! So I cut off 15 inches for Locks of Love
So my second print would be where I removed my longer hair.
(Stay tuned for the litho print!)

No comments:

Post a Comment