Friday, February 26, 2010

Landscape

This is one of my litho prints from my lithography class. (That's right. STONE PRINTING!)
YOU ETCH IN STONE. That means, no erasing. No smudging.
As a class, we were severely behind schedule, yet our professor made no moves to adjust the syllabus to acknowledge this.
So I had to work double time to make up for the time lost. For our landscape project, I took the initiative to draw out this little diddy. It's nothing glorious but everything was drawn out of pure spontaneity. It was fun to take on this personal challenge and I was surprised that it came out the way it did -given the time restraints I had.

I think when you don't have the chance to worry and stress over perfection, you can appreciate things that you normally wouldn't.

It was a nice experience, and nice outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment